Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stanleyart REBOOT--and it feels good. :)

It's taken the better part of a year to regain my creative senses and get back to the drawing board. While I had some seriously dark clouds looming over my head in 2011, I'm happy to say they seem to have passed and I'm now enjoying being back in my studio in a creative environment.

Today's attachments are a few pieces from my sketchbook. The finished versions of these comps will pop up on my website, and I'll make notice when they do.

Some will remain sketches though, so, keep that in mind. :P

Be well-
Steve

Full color illustration (cropped) of
bodybuilder, Steve Reeves.
Classic and natural physique.

4 comments:

planetronix said...

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply on an earlier post. Glad to see you are back on form and ready to take on the future.

Lovely pic of Steeve Reeves. How could Hollywood have been so blind as to let him escape to Italy? He would have made a fantastic movie Superman. Love to see you make a pic of him as Superman.

I hope to have an article on your art on my blog soon. I'll let you know when it's posted.

Best regards,
Ed Delany, Dublin.

Who is Steve Stanley? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Who is Steve Stanley? said...

Ed,

How did you know I'm doing a painting of Reeves in the Superman suit??? What are you? A mind-reader?

:D

Regards,
Steve

planetronix said...

Hi Steve!

That's great news! Really looking forward to seeing that. Must be some sort of inter-dimensional resonance between us.

Regards,

Ed Delany, Dublin